When you’re feeling anxious or stressed, these strategies will help you cope:
‣ Take a time-out. Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from the problem helps clear your head.
‣ Eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Do keep healthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
‣ Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
‣ Get enough sleep. When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest.
‣ Exercise daily to help you feel good and maintain your health. Even a short walk can help.
‣ Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly.
‣ Count to 10 slowly. Repeat, and count to 20 if necessary.
‣ Do your best. Instead of aiming for perfection, which isn’t possible, be proud of your
‣ Accept that you cannot control everything. Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?
‣ Welcome humor. A good laugh goes a long way.
‣ Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
‣ Get involved. Volunteer or find another way to be active in your community, which creates a support network and gives you a break from everyday stress.
‣ Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify?
‣ Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and look for a pattern.
‣ Talk to someone. Tell friends and family you’re feeling overwhelmed, and let them know how they can help you. Talk to a physician or therapist for professional help.
I understand that a lot of people have tried many of these things to no avail, which is why sometimes more help is needed.
Hypnotherapy is a wonderful way to stop anxiety. Call if you need help.